UVenus Around the Web:
- Women in Research: Recommendations for Gender Equality in Higher Education: Anamaria Dutceac Segesten for UVenus at The Guardian (UK) .
- Prattle Nog builds on our UVenus post Deconstructing Proverbs in Hello New Day.
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon Attended a Teaching in Cloud Based Environment workshop and co-facilitated a “Grad School” workshop at UVIC.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette offers advice on how to dress for your job interview for less. Historiann responds.
- Analysis: Thoughts on the Thorning Government – Anamaria Dutceac Segesten’s comment on the Danish elections in the journal of the University of Copenhagen, The University Post.
- Dr. Davis at Teaching College English reflects on Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe’s post about being a dilettante, reacts to Lee Skallerup Bessette’s post on what a blog post is, and writes her own guide on how academics can use twitter, where Lee is held up as a model.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon commented on Giving Thanks, offered thoughts about the #OccupyWallStreet Movement, and reminds us that we need to do things we enjoy.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette writes a letter to her daughter about why Mom and Dad work so much, tries some new rules for a better work-like balance, and laments that her peer-driven class still lacks motivation.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe takes three deep breaths.
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed This:
- Our favorite read of the week: Kate Clancy’s The Three Things I Learned at the Purdue Conference for Pre-Tenure Women: On Being a Radical Scholar at the Scientific American blog. Thanks to Leanne Doherty for tweeting it our way.
Did you take the challenge? It’s not too late. Tell us how it’s going. Send us your tweets, emails, etc to @UVenus on twitter or email@example.com. We’ll be compiling responses for a post coming later next week.